Thursday, January 29, 2009

RAY OF HOPE

You know how I said I was going to renew my Y membership and work out? Yeah, I totally lied. I am lazy. I am the laziest person you will ever meet. I haven't been keeping good on ANY of my vows. However, lack of funds is my other excuse. It's $35 a semester for a membership with my school ID, which is a damn good deal as it's $36 a month for everyone else, but I can't even afford that. I don't have a job, and the money I earned over the summer is slowly dwindling. Besides, I hardly went last semester. And I won't go this one, either.

My roommate gave me the solution: the rec center at our school offers free personal training. Why didn't I think about it before? One summer, my mom and I tried a program like that at a local gym. It was owned/operated by a husband and wife and depending on who was working, they would follow us around and make us do the exercises. Often, my mother would get to talking to him/her and I would be left working out and huffing and puffing away while they chatted. Such is life. That summer I was in the best shape of my life. I was getting compliments from everyone. But then my maternal grandmother died and we stopped going...

Again, I'm lazy. I don't even drag my ass out of our suite to go work out with my friend. BUT if I was meeting someone at the gym... someone who is going to sit there and make me do exercises... an expert, then I'll go. I'm a people-pleaser. I know my friend will go by herself, she likes to. But if I have an appointment with someone, I'm obligated to go and I don't make cheap excuses. This is exactly what I need. I emailed the guy about it yesterday and he replied asking for my availability. I sent it to him and now all I have to do is wait.

I'm actually excited to start. Which is a great feeling already. I know that I've reached the end of being fat and I'm pumped for it. I can't wait to start. I can't say how long I'll feel this way after I start, haha, but I'm excited now. Don't give up on me, because I haven't given up on myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment