Monday, January 12, 2009

Y, OHHH Y...

Well, I'm going to renew my YMCA membership tomorrow. Deanne and I are going to work out the way we meant to last semester. But it didn't go according to plan. Like it never usually does. We got good at going every day for a while. But then, you know what happens... days were skipped and we sunk back into our lazy ways and didn't go anymore.

Note: I HATE going to the gym and working out in front of other people. I am the laziest mofo you will ever meet in your life. I obsess way too much over what others think about me. Perhaps I should re-read that Jen Lancaster book, Such a Pretty Fat. It's about her decision to lose weight, and her commitment to her goal.

She was embarrassed too. But her logic on the subject makes perfect sense. And I wish I had thought about it sooner. She says that it was dumb for her to be self-conscious. That the people at her gym wouldn't give a shit about her working out. That it's a lot better for a fatty to be seen at the gym, acknowledging their weight and doing something about it. That it was ten times better than seeing a fatty at, say... Dunkin' Donuts getting a bigass cinnamon roll or such. People would be more judgemental about that. SUCH a good point.

So I'm going to the Y tomorrow and I will not be self-conscious. I've got a playlist already made so I won't have to mak smalltalk. Besides, I don't have to worry about gym hotties. I'm not looking for anyone right now. I know who I want, and he happens to be in Buffalo. And is not returning this season.

Unless by some miracle, the Pens can get out of this horrible losing streak and claim a playoff spot. The season is only half over, but they've got to get their act together. I believe everything happens for a reason, and if it's meant to be, it'll happen. HOWEVER, I will still pray for it to all work out in the meantime. It can't hurt, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment